RDA Gippsland’s Business Plan 2014-15 links to the objectives of Regional Development Australia and the Department of Infrastructure & Regional Development.
The Plan identifies key strategic initiatives to facilitate the delivery of social and economic opportunities for growth within Gippsland
Regional Development Gippsland objectives include:
- Informing regional planning.
- Improving community and economic development.
- Consulting with the community.
- Promoting government programs and activities.
- Enhancing a whole of government approach.
Specific actions include:
- Advocating on behalf of the Gippsland community to the Victorian and Commonwealth Government to seek alignment of Government projects and services with regional needs.
- Facilitating delivery and review of the Gippsland Regional Plan and supporting projects which align directly with the plan.
- Support projects which address existing regional gaps and which constrain community or economic development.
- Providing support and advice to Victorian Government regarding grant funding programs including the Regional Growth Fund.